Residential Rain Garden Workshop June 20, 2019
Join us on June 20, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Watauga County Agricultural Conference center at 252 Poplar Grove Road in Boone for a residential rain garden workshop.
This workshop, hosted by the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Watauga County and Blue Ridge Resource Conservation & Development and led by expert installers from the N.C. Cooperative Extension Program, will familiarize participants with the installation and maintenance of stormwater best management practices and can certify qualification to properly design and install many of the practices.
As a result of this training you will:
- Understand why stormwater needs to be managed
- Understand the importance of properly designed practices
- Understand the principles of rain garden location, construction, and maintenance
- Learn how to properly design and size rain gardens and other BMPs
- Be able to select appropriate vegetation
- Design, build and plant a small rain garden
- Be eligible to take a test at the conclusion of the training to be certified in rain garden design and installation
**Registration is required.** To register and for any questions about the program or registration, please visit the event website.
The fees for this workshop are as follows:
Non-Certification fee – $25.00. This fee includes break service, lunch and the NC State University Rain Garden Manual (workshop notebook not included).
Certification fee – $100.00. This fee includes break service, lunch, NC State University Rain Garden Manual and workshop notebook. Participants who choose the certification option and pass an examination at the end of the course will be certified by N.C. Cooperative Extension.
Professional Development Hours:
- 6 Criteria II or III hours toward the NC Environmental Education Certification
- 4.5L credit hours for landscape contractors (approved by the NC Landscape Contractors’ Licensing Board, course #660) for the workshop
- 4 contact hours are pending approval by the NC Board of Landscape Architects (course #6379)