How to Fry Apples and Make Apple Cucumber Slaw
Find this article at:
Join Extension Agent Margie Mansure and self-proclaimed “food fan” Eric Stafford for this 20 minute video on cooking with apples.
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 medium apples
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Wash, peel, and thinly slice apples.
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place apples in skillet and stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Turn heat to low and stir continuously until apples are tender.
Apple Cucumber Slaw
- 2 apples, cut into matchsticks (use a sweet apple such as Red Delicious, or a tart apple such as Granny Smith)
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped fine
- ½ cup white wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve immediately, or chill in refrigerator until serving.