How to Make Yummy Pumpkin Bake
Even though winter has officially kicked-in, there are still some fall ingredients around to pull together a yummy pumpkin bake. If you would like to see this dessert come together, join Extension Agent Margie Mansure and “Food Fan” Eric Stafford for this 15-minute video.
Yummy Pumpkin Bake
- I pie pumpkin (or another type of winter squash)
- 3 TB butter
- 3 TB honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 2-3 apples, peeled & chopped (depending on size of pumpkin)
- 1-2 pears, peeled & chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped dates
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Cut top off pumpkin and remove seeds & pulp.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a medium bowl in microwave. Stir in honey, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Add apples, pears, cranberries, and nuts to coat.
- Spoon mixture into pumpkin.
- Place top on and place pumpkin on a thick baking pan.
- Bake 1½ hours or until pumpkin is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
To serve, slice pumpkin and serve with fruit combination. If you like, top with vanilla ice cream.