Our 2020 Spring Fruit Plant Sale Has Begun
UPDATE: THE PLANT SALE IS STILL CONTINUING! WE REQUEST THAT YOU PLEASE MAIL IN YOUR ORDER FORMS AND PAYMENTS INSTEAD OF BRINGING THEM TO OUR OFFICE. THANK YOU.
The Watauga County office of the North Carolina Cooperative Extension has started it’s Spring Plant Sale for 2020. We will have heirloom apples, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, asparagus, grapes, and (new for this year) rhubarb.
What you need to know to order:
- Orders must be placed and prepaid no later than Wed. April 1.
- Orders can be brought or mailed to our office, located at 971 W. King St, Boone, 28607. Checks should be made payable to Watauga County. If paying in cash please bring correct change. Sorry, we are unable to process credit/debit cards.
- Apple trees were custom grafted for us in the summer of 2018, and are available in limited quantities on a first-come, first-served basis. Sometimes we run out of a variety and must ask if you will accept another variety or refund your money.
- Pickup of your pre-ordered plants will be on Friday, April 10 from noon to 6 p.m. and Saturday, April 11 from 9 a.m. to noon. See the links below for the order form and plant descriptions.
- Pickup at 252 Poplar Grove Rd. NEW THIS YEAR, you will enter through the right set of doors to the Ag. Conference Center, opposite side of the building where you normally pick up.
Click below for order form and plant descriptions. Forms are also available at our office.
For more info call our office at 828-264-3061 or email Horticulture Agent firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also be offering some free classes on learning how to grow your fruit plants. See our Constant Contact email for information on these classes and how to register (and you can add yourself to our email list if you’d like to receive information on future offerings).
Know Before You Grow
See the following websites and factsheets for detailed growing information: