2022 Fruit Plant Sale – Orders Due April 1st!
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Update: Please see the links to our order forms below for updates on sold out varieties.
The Watauga Fruit Plant Sale has officially begun. We will be taking orders from now until April 1st, 2022. Plants will need to be picked up Friday April 15th from 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. or Saturday April 16th from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Please See Order Form Below
Please See Plant Descriptions Below
Please See Heirloom Apple Plant Description
Options for Placing Your Order:
- Mail to: Watauga Extension Service 971 W. King St. Boone NC 28607
- Drop off at our office. Unless you need assistance, please slide under door of the locked office to the right inside our lobby. Look for the sign.
- Email order form. To: firstname.lastname@example.org You will still need to mail or drop off check. The order form is fillable, but it will not add amounts for you. Make sure you save with your name and put “fruit plant sale” in the subject line..
- Pay with a check made out to Watauga County, **we regret not being able to take credit cards. As a state institution it is still difficult, as well as expensive, so for now we are keeping things simple and prices low by taking checks and cash. Please have correct amount, we don’t have change available.
- Receipt will be emailed to you so you will know your order has been received and processed.
- Availability of plants: Heirloom apple varieties were custom grafted for us summer of 2020. Once we sell out of a variety we can’t get more, so sometimes need to make substitutions, especially towards the end of the sale. Before mailing a check, please look our website where we will list items we have sold out of. This can happen with some of the other plants as well. We do try to contact you if we feel like we don’t have a substitute that is very similar. It would also help us if you marked on your order “no substitutes” if you aren’t willing to take a substitute.
Information on Growing Each Plant
Blackberries: see https://rubus.ces.ncsu.edu/rubus-home-gardeners/
Strawberries: NC State Extension Strawberries in the Home Garden
Growing Apples in the Home Garden:
Growing Berries in the Home Garden